CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

3D Flowers and a Challenge

So, now that things have finally calmed down a little around here, I've been able to get back to my crafting, especially paper crafting, ways.

Today, I decided to start with Card Patterns Sketch 97.  Simple, yet so many great options. 



I looked through a few of the links posted and then inspiration hit.  I've been in Valentine's mode so I had to go with a Valentine's card.

Supplies (All are Stampin' Up):  Cardstock - Whisper White, DSP in Pretty in Pink and Real Red, Old Olive, Red Glitter;  Stamps - Filled with Love; Ink - Real Red; Tools - 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Small Heart and Full Heart Punches; Embellishments - Pretty in Pink Brad, Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon.

The center flower is four scallop circles, alternating red and pink.  Fold the circles in quarters to add dimension.  I punched 4 small hearts from glitter paper.  Punch a hold in the center and adhere with a brad.  The leaves are a Full Heart.  It's so cute and simple.  Definitely my style.  So what do you think? 

Here is my first time playing with the 3D flower.  A lot more simple, but fun.  Opens in the center. 
Supplies (All are Stampin' Up):  Cardstock - Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive, DSP in Pretty in Pink and Real Red;  Stamps - Fabulous Phrases; Ink - Real Red; Tools - 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Small Heart and Full Heart Punches; Embellishments - Pretty in Pink Brad.

2 comments:

  1. Clean & simple love them. Thank's for playing at cardpatterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards...the blooms are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete